Thursday, August 11, 2011

LSPR Staff Style Tips: August


Although Fall is quickly approaching, the weather in Los Angeles will still be warm for the next few months. In order to ease the transition from hot to cold, we have assembled three key tips that will help you choose pieces that are guaranteed to keep you cool and comfortable for the upcoming months. 


Color Spectrum Contrast - Taryn Manning in Joy Cioci with a Kelly Locke Clutch
Years ago, I read a color combining tip that stuck with me.  It was suggested that if you were looking for a color that works well with another color, you should opt for the exact opposite on the color spectrum.  For this reason, I’ve always had a particular fondness for seemingly oddball color pairings such as magenta and lime green, red and aqua and orange and cerulean.  At her recent movie premiere, Taryn Manning showcases this color combining art to perfection with her choice of an electric blue dress paired with a contrasting Kelly Locke orange clutch.  I’m dying to try this look myself. 
-  Lauren Stillman


Change things up with Cherry – Beyonce on Harper’s Bazaar UK September Issue 
 This Fall cherry is all the rage. Beyonce demonstrates that in not one but two ways on the cover of Bazaar UK’s iconic September Issue. Rather than settling for a simple red, spice things up with a bluer-based shade, that is sexy and mischevious. Whether you go all out and wear a head to toe cherry look or you add accents of the hue in the form of a killer shoe or handbag, wear this bold color with confidence like the bootyliscious B does.
 -  Andrea Stern


Maxi-mize your Wardrobe- Dianna Agron and Tallulah Willis
August in Los Angeles can be one of the hottest months of summer. As I stare into my closet of clothes, I wait in anticipation to wear my favorite fall clothing including layers of t-shirts, scarves, cardigans, and jackets paired with my favorite vintage boots and jeans in the cool weather. Rather than wear my fall must haves in the burning heat, I dive into my closet and take inspiration from the stars who add color and print to their summer wardrobe and make the heat more bearable and fun. Lately I have been wearing in my maxi skirts including a floral cotton blend and a super comfortable grey blend that can be paired with every kind of top. I love the way Dianna Agron paired a simple ocean blue tee with a white, blue, and grey maxi skirt and white sandals for a day out in LA. To finish off the look she added fun shaped sunglasses and a Rebecca Minkoff purse. Dianna's look is simple and preppy and integrates blues and whites throughout while Demi Moore's youngest daughter, Tallulah Willis wore a printed maxi skirt with vintage jewelry, a v-neck grey tank, and rocker boots for a more vintage look. There are so many ways to wear and accessorize maxi skirts. With a simple tee they are perfect for the summer and can be transitioned into the fall with a pair of flats and a distressed leather jacket.       
Laura Maruszczak

No comments:

Post a Comment